Trying to lose weight? Adjust your diet and lifestyle based on your genes. This DNA test can tell you whether you are
- Sensitive to starch
- More likely to snack
- Have difficulty feeling full
- Not motivated to exercise
- Have high blood sugar
- And More!!
A simple mouth swab is all we need to analyze your DNA and identify changes that affect your obesity risk. Use this information to optimize your diet and exercise plans based on your genes, so you can finally fit those designer jeans!
Studies show multiple genetic variants can significant influence a person’s body weight, and how they respond to specific diets and exercise plans.
- MC4R – disrupts appetite suppression
- NMB – associated with food disinhibition
- FTO – influences energy intake, diet impact and satiety
- SH2B1 – interrupts a satiety hormone signalling pathway
- BDNF – influences exercise motivation
- APOA2 – alters saturated fat metabolism
- AMY1 – reduces the ability to digest starch
- FABP2 – increases fatty acid uptake
- ADIPOQ – disrupts normal glucose regulation
- ADRB2 – affects weight loss in response to exercise
- CLOCK – disrupts the normal circadian rhythm
Obesity is a worldwide problem that affects all ages and ethnicities. According to the World Health Organization, obesity affects 600 million adults (13% of the world’s adult population) and 41 million children under the age of five years.
Obesity increases the risk of multiple health problems, particularly cardiovascular issues, type 2 diabetes, liver disease, obstructive sleep apnea, cancer, asthma and osteoarthritis. Because of these health complications, obesity is associated with a reduced life expectancy (averaging 6 – 7 years lower than healthy weight individuals).
On top of lifestyle choices (e.g. poor diet and lack of exercise), obesity risk is also strongly influenced by a person’s genetic makeup. An understanding of your genetic variation can provide you with the tools you need to change your diet and lifestyle, to maintain a healthy weight.
How it Works
STEP 1.ORDER YOUR KIT: Purchase your kit online.
STEP 2. COLLECT & SEND
Quick and painless DNA sample collection in the comfort of your own home. Mail your sample back to our lab for testing.
STEP3. VIEW RESULTS
Receive your results by mail or email, or view online.