The appearance of your skin is an excellent indicator of your overall health. Nutritional deficiencies can cause pale, sallow skin. Specific irritants or foods can cause an inflammatory response. And too much sun exposure leads to increased wrinkles and age spots.
This test identifies genetic variants that influence your skin health and appearance. Although you cannot change your genes, there are various other approaches to help the appearance of your skin.
This test will help you understand your unique genetic variation, allowing you to choose the skin care products and treatment options that are best for your skin.
Most of us don’t have perfect skin, and you can at least partly blame your genetics. Your results will help you to customize your skin care routine based on your genes.
- Cellulite – skin dimpling due to an alteration of the skin & fat tissue
- Stretch marks – pale lines due to tearing of the dermis layer of skin
- Varicose veins – enlarged & twisted veins due to faulty leaflet valves & the pooling of blood
- Eczema – common inflammatory skin disorder characterized by itchiness & a rash
- Ichthyosis vulgaris – dry skin condition characterized by thick dry scales
- Psoriasis – inflammatory skin condition characterized by itchy, scaly patches
- Rosacea – inflammatory skin condition characterized by dilated blood vessels on the face
- Glycation – chemical bonding of sugar leading to impaired protein function & skin aging
- Oxidation – process resulting in harmful free radicals that damage our skin
- Wrinkles – creases, folds & ridges that appear as people age
- Freckles – hyperpigmented spots that are clearly visible on fair skin
- Age spots – dark skin areas due to sun exposure & overproduction of melanin
- Tanning – darkening of skin in response to UV radiation
Everyone wants perfect skin, without any blemishes, cellulite or wrinkles. This DNA Skin Health test identifies genetic variants that influence your skin’s health and appearance.
- Do you have increased susceptibility to wrinkles?
- Are you at increased risk of developing cellulite?
- How damaging is the sun to your skin?
- Are you prone to developing varicose veins?
- Are you affected by rosacea?
- Do you have eczema or psoriasis?
- Will your skin age well?
- Are you prone to age spots?
- Do you have dry skin?
- Are you susceptible to stretch marks?
How it Works
STEP 1.ORDER YOUR KIT: Purchase your kit online.
STEP 2. COLLECT & SEND
Quick and painless DNA sample collection in the comfort of your own home. Mail your sample back to our lab for testing.
STEP3. VIEW RESULTS
Receive your results by mail or email, or view online.